Germany VFS is a service provided by VFS Global Services Pvt. Ltd. ("VFS")
VFS is an outsource partner of The Embassy of the federal republic of Germany, in India. In this capacity VFS is responsible for scheduling appointments, acceptance of applications and visa fees, submission of applications at The Embassy of the federal republic of Germany in Delhi, collecting the processed passports from The German Embassy respectively and returning the passport back to the applicants.
It must be noted that the grant or refusal of The Germany visa is at the sole discretion of The Embassy of the federal republic of Germany and VFS is neither involved in the process nor is liable or responsible in any manner whatsoever for any delay in processing or grant or rejection of the visa application of any applicant by The Embassy of the federal republic of Germany which reserves the right to ask for further documentation and to refuse the visa application.
VFS takes every reasonable precaution while handling the Documents of applicants and shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever to the applicant for any Documents which are lost in transit by accident, theft, natural calamities (act of god) or any other reason outside the control of, or not arising out of a willful default of, VFS and also if documents are hand over directly to the Applicant. The applicant agrees and accepts that the courier acceptance and delivery service through which the Documents are returned to the applicants by VFS is operated by a third-party. VFS does not control or operate any courier company, neither does it control or operate any facility or service provided by the courier company. VFS disclaims any and all liability for any loss or damage caused to the applicant in the event that his/her Documents are delayed/ misplaced/ lost/ damaged by the courier company, whether such delay/ misplacement/ loss/ damage result from negligence, accident or any other cause. In no event shall VFS and/or its representatives be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any damages whatsoever due to such delay/ misplacement/ loss/ damage of the Documents, including the applicant’s passport. Without prejudice to the aforesaid, VFS’ and/or its representatives sole and exclusive liability in case a passport is lost or damaged in transit, is limited/restricted to the reimbursement of the amount of fees charged by the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, for the replacement of a lost / damaged passport through normal application procedure and shall assist the applicant in the replacement of the lost visas. Such reimbursement of the fee amount will be made by VFS to the applicant only on the presentation by the applicant of the payment receipt issued by the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India. The applicant agrees that the foregoing limitation of liability is an agreed allocation of risk between the parties and this limitation of liability is and shall be an integral part of this disclaimer.
Negotiable Instruments wherever applicable are subject to realization. The service charges once received by VFS from the applicant vide demand drafts will not be refundable under any circumstances, irrespective of whether or not the desired visa is granted by The Embassy of the federal republic of Germany to the applicant.
Advertising material may accompany the relevant Documents at the time they are returned to the applicant. If the applicant does not wish to receive any such advertising material along with the relevant Documents, the applicant must intimate the VFS in advance at the time of submitting the Documents. Please note that all advertising material accompanying the relevant Documents shall have the endorsement of The Germany Government.
VFS, in its sole discretion, may change, amend, cancel or withdraw any or all of the terms and conditions mentioned herein at any time without any prior notice. No employee of VFS has any authority whatsoever to change / amend / amplify or withdraw any or all of the terms and conditions mentioned herein without the prior written approval of VFS.
These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of India. Any claims or disputes arising in relation to the services provided by VFS to the applicant shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Mumbai.
The applicant hereby accepts and confirms that the applicant and/or his/her representative, prior to submitting the visa application, has read, understood and agreed to be bound by, without limitation or qualification, all of the terms, conditions and details provided herein.
Short Messaging Services / Courier Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions
Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions
- VFS Global shall have no liability for any delays, or for loss of or damage to any visa application, passport or other documents, caused by, or occurring whilst any application, passport or document is in the possession of, any third party postal or courier service, including transportation of visa applications, passport or other documents between VFS Global and Federal Republic of Germany/Embassy;and when being returned by VFS Global to the visa applicant.
- The Short Messaging Service (‘SMS’) provided to Visa Applicants is to update on current status to the applicant with regards to Visa application process. The information provided by SMS is based on the information provided by the The Embassy of the Federal republic of Germany in New Delhi and The Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany in Mumbai India. While VFS ensures that information is made available to the visa applicant promptly and accurately, the Visa Applicant shall at all times be responsible for providing and maintaining an SMS text compatible mobile phone number where VFS can send text messages regarding the status of the Visa Application to the Visa Applicant. The Visa Applicant is responsible for ensuring connection to a mobile network capable of receiving the SMS Services.The Visa Applicant understands that if The Visa Applicant ‘s mobile phone is switched off, disconnected for any reasons or is out of coverage for a period of 24 hours or more, The Visa Applicant’s mobile network provider may delete any SMS messages to be received by The Visa Applicant.
- The time to deliver the SMS is dependent on several factors such as upon the traffic on the mobile network and whether The Visa Applicant mobile phone is within reach and switched on and cannot therefore be guaranteed by VFS. VFS is not a mobile network operator and does not guarantee the delivery of SMS text messages.
- The Visa Applicant confirms that the Visa Applicant has provided the accurate mobile number for receiving SMS and that the Visa Applicant is the owner or its legitimate user, or that the Visa Applicant has the consent of the owner or legitimate user, of the mobile phone using for the Services. The Visa Applicant acknowledges that using another person's mobile phone/providing inaccurate mobile phone number/unauthorized use of mobile phone number for receiving the SMS may entail disclosure of Visa Applicant ‘s confidential information which disclosure shall be at the sole risk of the Visa Applicant
- The Services, once purchased, will be available to the Visa Applicant from the time of application till complete processing of the application or such other period as VFS may advise via our website located at www.vfs-germany.co.in. VFS reserves the right to withdraw this service at any time and without notice.
- The Visa Applicant must not use (or permit any third party to use) the SMS Service to send any message or communication which is Spam, illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, obscene or menacing or causes annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or infringes the rights of third parties. VFS reserves the right to withdraw the SMS service to such Visa Applicant if The Visa Applicant is in breach of this paragraph 4. VFS may also withdraw the Services if VFS in its sole discretion apprehends that the SMS service is being used for such purposes.
- For operational reasons VFS may vary the technical specification of the Services with or with out notice. In the event of any change to the Service these Terms and Conditions is to be treated as varied accordingly.
- The Visa Applicant acknowledges that the SMS Services may, at any time, be adversely affected by problems with The Visa Applicant mobile phone network, force majeure events including, without limitation, interference to the network coverage. VFS is not responsible or liable to The Visa Applicant for any loss, damage or expenses incurred directly or indirectly by The Visa Applicant as a result of any difficulties experienced by the Visa Applicant‘s mobile phone service provider. Subject to the constraints described within this paragraph 7, VFS shall carry out the services with reasonable care and skill
- If The Visa Applicant does not receive SMS relating to these Services. the Visa Applicant should inform VFS through email or Helpline numbers.
- The SMS service delivers the Visa Application Status based on the information received by VFS from The Embassy of the Federal republic of Germany in New Delhi and The Embassy of the federal republic of Germany,Chennai.
- To use the Services, The Visa Applicant should refer to the instructions available on the www.vfs-germany.co.in website. The Visa Applicant agrees to comply with all instructions we may give concerning the Services, including any security instructions. We will be entitled to treat any failure by Visa Applicant themselves to comply with these instructions as a breach of these Terms and Conditions, which will entitle us to deny Visa Applicant access to the Services.
- The Visa Applicant is responsible for paying charges for the message origination. Charges once paid for SMS service will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- The Visa Applicant shall at its sole risk be responsible for taking all reasonable steps to prevent unauthorized persons gaining access to the Services.
- While VFS takes every precaution transmission of information to transmit information. VFS shall not be responsible or liable for any unforeseen events and circumstances beyond the reasonable control of VFS.
- VFS may in its sole discretion temporarily suspend the provision of the Services if such provision could materially affect the quality of any telecommunications service, including the Services, provided by VFS.
- VFS specifically excludes all liability of any kind (including negligence) in respect of any third party information or other material made available on, or which can be accessed using SMS text services.
- This Terms and Conditions is governed by the law of India and both parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in West/South, India.
Data Protection Notice
- Collection of data
The privacy and protection of personal data is very important to VFS, including all its other brands and affiliates (hereinafter). VFS complies with any mandatory data protection legislation when collecting and processing personal data. Whenever you are in the process of applying for SMS Service through a visa application centre we may collect and store (subject to Embassy guidelines), as the case may be, the following information: Your Full Name, Your Mobile Number & Email id, Your Language Preference of SMS, and the country for which you have applied for a VISA for the purposes of processing your visa application.
- Disclosure to third parties
In accordance with all mandatory data protection legislation your data may be disclosed to third parties processing data on behalf of VFS. In this context your data may also be transferred abroad. Your data may be disclosed within VFS to other than the collecting entity. Data may be used by these other VFS entities to the same extent as the collecting VFS entity is entitled to use it. Your data is treated as confidential and will not be disclosed to third parties, save for the purpose of VFS fulfilling its contractual obligations vis-à-vis you, or if required under mandatory law, particularly if requested by the competent authorities or for the purpose of enforcing VFS’s rights.
- Use of data
Collected data will be processed in good faith and will be used in order to transmit your Visa Application status via SMS & Email. We do not intend to use your information for any other purpose, except that if you have given consent, we may use your information for the purposes of sending you related marketing information (such as airline advertisements), which is normally included by us when we return your passport to you and/or sent to you by e-mail if you have given us an e-mail address for that purpose. You can always refuse to receive such offers and information for which you may please contact VFS Germany Visa Application Centre, Shivaji Stadium Metro Station, Mezzanine Level Baba Kharak Singh Marg, Connaught Place New Delhi- 110001 and VFS Germany Visa Application Centre, Fagun Towers, Third Floor, No 74, Ethiraj Salai, Egmore, Chennai - 600 008. Your information is held by us in the computer server(s) located in UK, London and India, Mumbai. It will also be accessed and held by our affiliates currently based in India
Beware of fraudulent job offers
Fraudulent Recruitment / Employment Offers
It has come to VFS Global’s attention that, individuals misrepresenting themselves as VFS Global’ agents or representatives have approached people to offer fraudulent/fictitious employment opportunities, with the intent to steal personal information or solicit money from people. We encourage you to exercise caution and common sense when receiving any such employment offer, which requires payment of any fees/money, or promises a work visa in exchange for money. The said offers are completely fake and not valid. VFS Global is not a Recruitment agency and does not offer recruitment services. Scammers operate primarily via the internet, email, phone etc. We warn people to beware of such scams.
Please be advised that, VFS Global is a visa processing company and we work only with government and diplomatic missions to fulfil their administrative requirements of visa application processing. Neither VFS Global nor its representatives will ask for money from individuals under any circumstances to lure them with employment opportunities either in VFS Global or outside. If you receive any offer that purports to be from VFS Global, which ask for money, these types of offers are fraudulent.
Warning signs of recruitment fraud
The following are some examples of recruitment fraud which are in violation of VFS Global’s processes and ethical practices:
- The email is not sent from an official VFS Global e-mail address but from a free e-mail service such as: Hotmail, Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, etc. It is also possible that, the email is sent from a fake email address.
- You are asked to disclose private or confidential information.
- You are asked to be interviewed over the phone or via an instant-messenger type program.
- You are requested to pay fees/money.
- You are requested to complete bogus recruitment documentations such as an application or employment visa forms, (the VFS Global name and logo could be forged/fabricated and featured on the documentation without authority).
- Insistence on urgency.
- Money will be requested for processing Work Permits, Visa applications or the like.
Such actions are presumably intended to defraud or obtain personal information from the victims.
The activities of these individuals involve criminal and civil liabilities. While VFS Global takes such matter seriously and reserves its right to contact competent law enforcement agencies to investigate and prosecute such illegal activities, it is often difficult to locate and prosecute these individuals.
Therefore, if you receive a request, either in writing or verbally, for an interview or a job offer that you believe is or might be fraudulent or suspicious, please disregard them. You may also verify the same with VFS Global at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you come to know that a fraud is being perpetrated, we encourage to forthwith contact your local police and/or any competent authorities and also to keep us informed by reporting the fraud at email@example.com
Under no circumstances will VFS Global be liable or responsible for any loss, damages, expenses or inconvenience resulting from these unauthorized persons and/or activities.