Guest Scientist/ Visiting Scholar
All Indian nationals who wish to work in the Federal Republic of Germany as a Guest Scientist or a Visiting Scholar require a visa prior to their departure.
An application may only be filed at the German Embassy New Delhi under the provision that the applicant
has permanent residence in the area of jurisdiction of the embassy which includes the states of Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Uttar Pradesh, Uttaranchal, Union Territories Chandigarh, Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Minicoy and Amini.
Application procedure for a short term stay (up to 90 days maximum):