Tourist/ Visit to Family and Friends
Schengen visa have to be obtained from the Embassy or Consulate of the country where the main purpose of travel lies. Therefore, please check your travel plans before making your application to The German Consulate General in Kolkata. In case of travel to multiple Schengen countries, please make your application to the Embassy or the Consulate where you will be staying for the maximum number of days, or from the point of first entry into the Schengen countries, if the duration of stay is the same in more than one Schengen country.
- Passport should have at least two blank pages.
- Passport should be valid for at least 3 months from the date on which the applicant intends to leave the Schengen territory, or, in the case of multiple journeys the date on which the applicant intends to leave it for the last time
- Applications are only accepted within 3 months of the requested date of arrival
- Passports should be machine-readable. Hand-written passports are not accepted.
- Passports with an observation concerning Passport number; Surname; Given Name; Nationality; Sex; Date of Birth; Place of Birth; Place of Issue; Date of Issue; Date of Expiry are not accepted.
- Relevant Forms & Photograph: Fully completed application form appropriate to the type of visa
Collection of the passport from the German VFS application center
Change in Passport collection process
The Consulate General of Germany in Kolkata has implemented a change in arrangement for the collection of passport(s) from VFS Global Visa Application Centre. With effect from 01 September 2016.
Third party collection of the documents or passports will not be permitted, except in the following cases:
- Immediate Family Member (that is Parents, Children, Siblings)
- One member of a group collecting for the entire group
- A person collecting on behalf of Govt. officials if authorized on the Govt. letter head or department
- Representative of a company - Authorization letter on the letter head of the company and the official ID card
If any of the above comes for passport collection they need to carry the following documents
- Photocopy of Govt. ID card
- Original ICR
- Authorisation Letter from applicant
Applicants who do not wish to collect their documents in person and whose documents cannot be collected by one of the above should select delivery mode as courier at the time of submission.
The applicants are requested to mention the complete delivery address on the covering letter. In case no specific address is mentioned on the covering letter, the passport will be sent to the address mentioned on the Visa Application Form.
This procedural change is to ensure the safe and secure return of documents to applicants.
|Visa Category||Visa Fee in INR||Visa Fee in Euro|
|Schengen Visa (Adult)||4600||60|
|Schengen Visa (Child between 06-12 years of age) Please note that no visa fee is charged for the child below 06 years of age.||2700||35|
VFS Global Service charge:
Applicants applying in the jurisdiction of the Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany, Kolkata shall be levied a service charge ( All VFS’s service charges are inclusive of Goods & Service Tax –SGST @9% and CGST@@9%) as mentioned below:
- Logistic Fees – INR 1543/-
- Logistic Fees – INR 1393/- (For applicants who have already provided fingerprints within last 59 months)
- The applicable visa fee in Indian Rupees is as per the exchange rate of the German Consulate General, Kolkata.
- Visa Fees, VFS Service charge & Value Added Service charges, once paid, are non -refundable. There is an optional courier facility available at INR 296/- ( All VFS’s service charges are inclusive of Goods & Service Tax –SGST @9% and CGST@@9% per application
- Mode of payment:
- Demand Draft (in favour of VFS Global Services Pvt. Ltd)
- We also accept Visa, Master Card and Rupay
The Applicants/ Travel Agents/ Representatives are requested to fill the checklist and bring it along with the documents.
|Please click here for required documents list for tourist visa|
|Please click here for required documents list for Visiting family & friend|
|Please click here for itinerary format|
Important Notice for Health Insurance:
Please be informed that the Overseas Medical Insurance must be bought from one of the stated Indian Insurance Companies. For more information click here-
Please note that this is subject to change without prior notice.
Schengen short stay visas can only be processed within 15 working days (Excluding day of submission at VFS).
Visa applicants are hereby informed that duly completed applications may be submitted three months onward prior to the confirmed travel date. As applications peak during the months of April through July, it is advisable to apply well in advance. This will help towards the smooth organization of your trip to Germany/ Schengen Countries.
|Online Visa Application Form|
|Annexure A (Authorization Letter Format for the submission & collection of the documents)|
|Declaration on Travel Health Insurance for Longer validity of Visa|
- There is a Hindi version as well to fill up the online form for applicant’s convenience.
- It is highly recommended to fill the Visa Application form online. Kindly bring the bar coded sheet along with the online form
- In case you wish to submit the Manual Visa application form, please ensure you fill the below forms and submit them along with your application: