Visa application for the above category is applicable in case you are travelling for any one of the purposes. This visa is given for travel period of less than 90 days
- Passport should have at least two blank pages.
- Passport should be valid for at least 3 months from the date on which the applicant intends to leave the Schengen territory, or, in the case of multiple journeys the date on which the applicant intends to leave it for the last time
- Applications are only accepted within 3 months of the requested date of arrival
- Passports should be machine-readable. Hand-written passports are not accepted.
- Passports with an observation concerning Passport number; Surname; Given Name; Nationality; Sex; Date of Birth; Place of Birth; Place of Issue; Date of Issue; Date of Expiry are not accepted.
- Relevant Forms and Photograph: Fully completed application form appropriate to the type of visa
Collection of the passport from the German VFS application center
Change in Passport collection process
The Consulate General of Germany in Kolkata has implemented a change in arrangement for the collection of passport(s) from VFS Global Visa Application Centre. With effect from 01 September 2016.
Third party collection of the documents or passports will not be permitted, except in the following cases:
- Immediate Family Member (that is Parents, Children, Siblings)
- One member of a group collecting for the entire group
- A person collecting on behalf of Govt. officials if authorized on the Govt. letter head or department
- Representative of a company - Authorization letter on the letter head of the company and the official ID card
If any of the above comes for passport collection they need to carry the following documents
- Photocopy of Govt. ID card
- Original ICR
- Authorisation Letter from applicant
Applicants who do not wish to collect their documents in person and whose documents cannot be collected by one of the above should select delivery mode as courier at the time of submission.
The applicants are requested to mention the complete delivery address on the covering letter. In case no specific address is mentioned on the covering letter, the passport will be sent to the address mentioned on the Visa Application Form.
This procedural change is to ensure the safe and secure return of documents to applicants.
|Visa Category||Visa Fee in INR||Visa Fee in Euro|
|Schengen Visa (Adult)||4400||60|
|Schengen Visa (Child between 06-12 years of age)
Please note that no visa fee is charged for the child below 06 years of age.
- The applicable visa fee in Indian Rupees is as per the current exchange rate. It is subject to change without notice.
- The visa fee for applicants applying in East India is payable by a bank draft in favor of “ VFS GLOBAL SERVICES PVT LTD ” or by cash.
VFS Service Charge to be paid in cash only:
- 1201/- INR [Without Biometrics] and 1346 /- INR [With Biometrics] (inclusive of taxes) per application.
- Optional courier facility available at 279 /- INR (inclusive of taxes) per passport.
- VFS charges (Logistics, courier etc.) are non-refundable.
The Applicants/ Travel Agents/ Representatives are requested to fill the checklist and bring it along with the documents.
|Please click here for required documents list|
Important Notice for Health Insurance:
Please be informed that the Overseas Medical Insurance must be bought from one of the stated Indian Insurance Companies. For more information click here-
Please note that this is subject to change without prior notice.
Schengen short stay visas can only be processed within 15 working days (Excluding day of submission at VFS). However, it is advisable to apply well in advance (maximum three months before intended travel date).
|Online Visa Application Form|
|Annexure A (Authorization Letter Format for the submission & collection of the documents)|
|Declaration on Travel Health Insurance for Longer validity of Visa|
- There is a Hindi version as well to fill up the online form for applicant’s convenience.
- It is highly recommended to fill the Visa Application form online. Kindly bring the bar coded sheet along with the online form
- In case you wish to submit the Manual Visa application form, please ensure you fill the below forms and submit them along with your application: